The Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) is effective 1 July 2021. POPIA regulates how we use, store, and destroy personal information and special personal information of individuals and juristic persons.
We strive to ensure that our use of your personal information is lawful, reasonable, and relevant to our business activities, with the goal of executing the mandate of the Building Bargaining Council’s collective agreement and improving our services.
Absolute security cannot be guaranteed, but we have implemented reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process.
3rd PARTY SITES
We will not share your information with any 3rd parties.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by requesting to be removed from the database. If you opt-out, we will confirm receipt of your request.
Notify us if you believe the information we have about you has changed, is incorrect, incomplete, misleading or out of date. You may request that your personal information be deleted if it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected.
We may retain all Personal Information that we collect from you so long as it remains necessary for the purposes for which it was collected unless there is a valid technical, legal or business reason for us to delete, destroy or de-identify it.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information collected and processed by Building Bargaining Council North & West Boland may be used for the following purposes:
- To fulfill the collective agreement obligations of the Building Bargaining Council North & West Boland;
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement;
- To provide information related to the building sector, subject always to your right at any time to opt out of such communication. If you want to remove your contact information from all lists and newsletters, please use the unsubscribe link on such communication;
- To protect the security and integrity of our software systems, databases, websites, mobile apps and services, and our business, and help prevent fraud;
- To update our operational and technical functionality;
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections and identifying areas for operational improvement;
- To conduct research and development; or
- To fulfill our legal functions or obligations. All Personal Information which you provide to the Building Bargaining Council North & West Boland will be used and/or retained only for the purposes for which it is collected. We will only retain personal information for longer than the purpose for which it was collected if it is required by law or where you have given consent for us to retain such information for an extended period.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Information or Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- register as an employer or employee in the region and form part of the collective agreement of the BBC North & West Boland;
- sign up to receive newsletters, information, competitions and surveys
- subscribe to our services or publications
- request information to be sent to you
- give us feedback or contact us.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data for the purpose it was intended for, i.e., to fulfill our legal functions or obligations with the collective agreement of the BBC North & West Boland.
If you have any questions, queries or wish to contact us our contact details are:
Tel: +27 (0) 23 342 0085
Email: email@example.com Website: www.bbcbol.co.za
Physical address: 162 Durban Street